"We're all in the waiting room"

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pull Up Your Pants....


New story about my mom, Margaret.. This is a really good one if you have a very basic knowledge of anatomy and a raucous sense of humor. I've kept this one off of the Internet radar until now... It's been tucked away in my memory vault for about 15 years. 

I often stopped by my parent's house in the Greens, a lovely neighborhood in NW OKC and would take them to lunch at very extravagant places like SUBWAY... This was their favorite place aside from Luby's and Queen Anne Cafeterias...

Okay finally, here's the story..... One afternoon at Subway, we ordered and sat at a lavish table festooned with cheap napkins and plastic flatware. My mother was facing the door and couldn't help but notice an interesting couple entering this fine establishment. Her first comment upon seeing them was, I've just lost my appetite. 

The girl component of the couple was dressed in very short shorts, the low rider style complemented by a midriff top. Well, to the defense of the girl, it was a rather warm summer day in OKC. This poor girl really should not have been wearing this particular ensemble... Let's just say her Rubinesque body type was not especially suitable for such revealing apparel. 

As they passed our table, my mother stopped her and said,  My dear you need to pull up your pants.  Your rectum is showing. Direct quote... I swear... Who could or would make this up? I tried to hide under the table as did my father... I was just praying that her companion didn't have a gun... This was way before Mary Fallin helped enact the Open Carry law...

The young woman responded to my dear mother by thanking her and pulling her short shorts up as best she could to cover the exposed rectum... Well not really.... It was only plumber's butt but my mother had a flare for the dramatic and was a nurse with an extensive medical vocabulary. 

I was just grateful to God that the whole scene did not erupt into gun violence


This is just more Margaret Post Death Oversharing and Outbursts.. Please forgive me... Thank you for indulging my irreverent expressions and memories of my mother... Boring except for the rectum part.... 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Teresa Agnes! what a treasure but one you probably would rather remain buried. My grandad used to speak out loud, too, unfiltered. Like, "get a load of that fat sow over there." It is incredible what honesty really means. I read this out loud to J.e. and we roared. Love you, girl! Love Margaret, too.

    ReplyDelete