"We're all in the waiting room"

Monday, October 21, 2013

Dental Decay at Age 91


My mother's candy stash finally caught up with her!  An arduous trip to the dentist this morning revealed decay in several teeth.  BTW, she's 91 and still has all her teeth...  Too bad her heart and lungs didn't get the "let's stay healthy" memo..     She's in no pain or discomfort with this decay.  Extraction and root canal came up as options.  I think I'd rather see her hung by her toenails than put her through that.   I made the executive decision after consulting with her internist and dentist to wait and watch.   Hopefully, she'll continue to have no pain or discomfort.  I've placed her hospice nurse "on abscess alert".  We'll have antibiotics at the ready should the situation change.  That's another post..

From now on it's just sugar-free candies for this dear lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment