"We're all in the waiting room"

Monday, December 16, 2013

Smart Phone Ring Tones Alert Us and Make us Laugh!

My darling math major husband loves to take advantage of every smart phone opportunity.  He loves numbers and gadgets..   Most recently, he wisely advised me to assign a separate ring tone for my mother, my sister and the ASS-isted Living Facility where my mother resides.

He and I already have ring tones for each other.   When he calls me or I call him, we hear our favorite Gershwin tune, "Our Love is Here To Stay".   Check out Nat King Cole singing this!   He's fabulous...  


I discovered and learned to play the Gershwin Love Songs between my Freshman and Sophomore years in college.  It's been our song ever since...

My mother's ring tone is another genre entirely.  It is not a love song.  It's a TV theme song.   It's so loud you could hear it in hell...

This is practical and important in case of an emergency!  If you have a parent or loved one enduring the end of life and frequent crisis, you should consider assigning them a noticeable, deafening, scary, ring tone...  I can hear my mother's ring tone just about anywhere in our home...  It wakens me from a sound sleep into an upright standing position.  You already know from previous posts that I've showered and have my clothes out and ready to dress for the middle of the night Emergency Fall Call or Pneumonia..
If you don't recognize this music, you're too young to be reading this!  Okay wait for it.... 

What better ring tone for Margaret than the theme from Dragnet?   It sounds terribly dangerous, as many of my mother's calls can be.  It gets your attention right away and triggers that thing in your brain that says, Just the facts Mamn...   Fall Call, Pneumonia, Bronchitis?   The theme from Dragnet ring tone only costs $1.29...  Best money I ever spent.

We assigned a ring tone for my sister and her husband who seldom call and have little involvement in my mother's end of life journey.  That's another story...  It's not their fault.  They have a tranquil, beautiful movie theme as their ring tone...  It's the overture from Camelot...



  Richard Burton and Julie Andrews were wonderful!  This ring tone costs $1.29...  Bargain!

Finally, we assigned a really fun ring tone to my mother's ASS-isted Living Facility, which you know I love and appreciate dearly...  They take wonderful care of my mother and are beyond outstanding in our region and probably the nation in regards to their unprecedented standards and caregiver to patient ratio.  What better way to describe the Heaven House, my mother's residence, at the Shady Rest Hotel. 




If you don't remember this TV Show, you're too young to be reading this...  This ring tone was absolutely free!



This is all I have for the Smog on the Blog Today!  Just trying to have some fun with the End of Life thing, the Ring Tones, free Internet photos, and the magic of YouTube...   If you're dealing with this end of life stuff, assign some ring tones and rest easy until DRAGNET comes on!









1 comment: