"We're all in the waiting room"

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Parade of Margaret!

Today was my 51st Thanksgiving with my mom and her 91st Thanksgiving on the planet Earth...  I can only think of a couple of Thanksgivings that I wasn't able to spend with my mom.  I was just out of college and too poor to fly home.  I was too much of a spoiled brat to take the bus... Fortunately, some kind cousins took me in.

Today my mom ate like a lumberjack/farm hand.    Ham, Turkey, Green Beans and a gynormous piece of Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake and a normal person piece of Turtle Cheesecake. She insisted that she couldn't possibly eat all of this food....  Surprise!  She cleaned her plate!

 Don't let her tiny frame fool you...  She can put it away... You can't even begin to imagine...  May we all be blessed with COPD, and End Stage Heart Failure. 

 Her doctor tells me that her metabolism is like a humming bird...  She requires enormous quantities of calories.  She's like a patient in the ICU on the ventilator, only my mom can breath on her own.  She's conscious and she gets her hair colored and styled on a weekly basis...

She's Fabulous Indeed!  Bring on the french fries, bacon, ice cream, steak, ham, eggs, turkey, chocolate, potato chips, tortilla chips...  Makes me want to get really old and sick...  Hell, I eat like a refugee from Ethiopia...  I'd look like Mama Cass if I ate like my mother.   I live off of Egg Beaters and celery.... Sad indeed!

That being said, I do color my hair and get my toes done...

Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment