"We're all in the waiting room"

Saturday, November 16, 2013

They Get Nicer When You're on a Trip...

It's been my experience that my mother becomes way nicer when I'm out of town.  When I'm in town, she complains a lot more and she is way more difficult and negative, because she can be..   When I'm out of town, she gets really nice and full of charm and vigor....  There are far fewer complaints.

She has a huge fear of my plane crashing...  Like Patsy Cline.. This fear seems to make her really nice.   Just so you know, we never go more than one connecting flight away.  We always buy the Travel Guard Insurance in case we have to come back in an urgent manner.   We very seldom leave the country, except for Canada and Mexico.  Just in case we really die in a plane crash, she'll be Really Really Rich...

We returned home tonight from a trip to California.  I spoke with my mother before our departure in CA this morning, and again in Denver on the transfer, and when the wheels touched down in OKC, and then again for about an hour once we got home.  Thanks goodness for cheap cell phone time.

We had a really nice visit when I called her once I got home.  It lasted about an hour.  She talked about her family, brothers, sisters, father and mother.  She doesn't recall most of my life, but thank goodness, she can revisit her own childhood, stories etc.   91 is a tough deal...  I know she'd rather not be here...  She's going straight shot to Heaven when her time comes..  I hope I don't live that long....but there's no telling what God has planned!

Good Evening Friends.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are able to travel - for years my sister and I had to adopt the royal family rule of never traveling outside the country together on the same plane!! My sister continued to travel while the dutiful daughter remained in Springfield...on the fall call hotline! Enjoying your blog - bringing back nice memories of being my moms caretaker and Depends delivery person. :)

    ReplyDelete